As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cooking kielbasa in an air fryer is a quick and convenient way to achieve a crispy and delicious result. Here’s a simple step-by-step guide on how to do it:
- Kielbasa sausage
- Cooking spray or oil (optional)
- Preheat the Air Fryer: Preheat your air fryer to 375°F (190°C). This usually takes about 3-5 minutes, depending on your specific air fryer model.
- Prepare the Kielbasa: While the air fryer is preheating, take your kielbasa sausage and decide whether you want to cook it whole or if you’d like to slice it into smaller pieces. Slicing it can help it cook more evenly and get crispier.
- Oil or Spray (Optional): If you want extra crispiness, you can lightly brush or spray the kielbasa with a small amount of cooking oil. This step is optional, as kielbasa contains its own fat, which will render during cooking.
- Arrange in the Air Fryer: Place the kielbasa pieces or the whole sausage in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Make sure there is some space between them for air to circulate and cook them evenly.
- Cooking Time: Cook the kielbasa in the air fryer for about 8-12 minutes, depending on the thickness of the sausage and your desired level of crispiness. You may need to flip or shake the basket halfway through to ensure even cooking.
- Check for Doneness: Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the kielbasa. It should reach at least 160°F (71°C) to be considered safe to eat. Cooking times can vary between air fryer models, so be sure to check for doneness.
- Serve: Once the kielbasa reaches your desired level of crispiness and is fully cooked, remove it from the air fryer. Let it rest for a minute or two before slicing or serving.
- Optional: Sear (Optional): For an even crispier result, you can transfer the cooked kielbasa to a hot skillet or grill for a minute or two to give it a nice sear. This step is optional but can add more flavor and texture to your kielbasa.
- Enjoy: Serve your air-fried kielbasa as a main dish with your favorite sides or use it in sandwiches, pasta dishes, or as a topping for pizzas.
Remember that air fryers can vary in temperature and cooking times, so it’s essential to keep an eye on your kielbasa to prevent overcooking or burning. Adjust the cooking time and temperature as needed to achieve the perfect result for your preferences.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.