As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cooking Checkers (or Rally’s) fries in an air fryer is a convenient way to enjoy crispy fries without deep frying. Here’s how you can do it:
- Checkers fries (frozen)
- Cooking spray (optional)
- Salt and seasoning (optional)
- Arrange the fries: Lay out the frozen Checkers fries in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Do not overcrowd the basket; leave some space between the fries for proper air circulation. If you have a lot of fries, you may need to cook them in batches.
- Preheat your air fryer: Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (200°C). Most air fryers require preheating to ensure even cooking.
- Cooking time: Cook the fries for 10-15 minutes, shaking the basket or flipping the fries halfway through the cooking time. The exact time may vary depending on the thickness of the fries and the model of your air fryer, so keep an eye on them.
- Check for doneness: Check the fries for doneness after about 10 minutes. They should be golden brown and crispy on the outside. If they need more time, cook for an additional 2-5 minutes, but be careful not to overcook and burn them.
- Seasoning (optional): If desired, you can season the fries with salt or your favorite seasoning immediately after cooking while they are still hot. Toss them gently to evenly distribute the seasoning.
- Serve hot: Serve your Checkers fries immediately while they are still hot and crispy. They’re great on their own or with ketchup, mayonnaise, or your favorite dipping sauce.
- Use cooking spray: To help the fries become even crispier, you can lightly spray them with cooking spray before cooking. This is optional but can improve the texture.
- Shake the basket: To ensure even cooking, shake the air fryer basket or flip the fries halfway through the cooking time.
- Check for doneness: Keep a close eye on the fries, as cooking times can vary depending on your air fryer model and the size of the fries.
By following these steps, you can enjoy delicious Checkers fries that are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, just like the ones you’d get at the restaurant.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.